One day a wise man was asked a question: “What is time?”
His answer was:
– Yesterday, today, tomorrow…
The one who asked the question was disappointed:
– That’s it?
– Well, – the wise man said, – then listen to this story.
There was Today which wanted to become Always… Yesterday said:
– I also wanted to become Always when I was you…
– Did you ask Always how it does that? – inquired Today.
– I asked.
– By changing, – was its answer, – by becoming Tomorrow from Today.
– But that means, – Today thought, – that Always does not belong to itself. It is always someone else! It means that something is making it do that. But what is it?
– Maybe it’s Time?
– What is time? – Today asked. – It’s only you and me, and also Tomorrow…
The one who was asking the wise man said nothing more, because another person, who was silent before, joined their conversation:
– But wise man, it means that time is the thing what passes. And that is wrong. It can also last by stopping.
The wise man looked at him with curiosity and answered with a smile:
– You are right. Sometimes today can last hundreds and thousands of years… before it passes. Sometimes it feels like yesterday has come back and we are living in it. There is a little bit of tomorrow in yesterday and in today, but we rarely recognize it. It turns out that there is only this trinity.